- Possess a two-year Electronics Degree and/or Military Class "A" Equivalence.
- Basic understanding of NC, CNC, and PLC controls and/or systems.
- Must be able to use RTD probe, Oscilloscope, Capacitance Meter and other electronic instruments.
- Basic understanding of the design of electronic circuits.
- Experience with Hydraulics and pneumatics troubleshooting
- Knowledge of transient and spike suppression as applied to electronics controls.
- Read and troubleshoot Ladder Logic in order to diagnose machine failures
- Basic understanding of closed loop AC/DC Servo Systems and their applications to machine tools.
- Understanding of control systems to block level.
- Coordination of trouble shooting and diagnosing of machine problems with personnel of other expertise.
- Experience with Profibus and fiber optics
- Troubleshoot relay logic
- Understanding of NC, CNC and PLC controls to board level. Use of electronic test equipment to make diagnoses of bad components.
- Cross reference and select components to repair boards.
- Experience pulling wire and hooking up machines to 480 volts
- Calibrate electronic controls and instruments.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair Fanuc, Siemens, Allen-Bradley CNC controls
- Understanding of Gear manufacturing processes.
- Proven Problem Solving / Trouble shooting skills.
- Two year Electronics Degree and/or Military Class “A” Equivalence