POSITION: ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Some knowledge of most machines.
- Able to make repairs necessary to keep equipment on line such as checking fuses, ensuring correct voltage, connecting or repairing hoses, and repairing switches.
- Able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Determine parts and materials needed to take job to completion.
- Six (6) months minimum on the job training.
- Able to make mechanical repairs to keep machines on line.
- Able to do some electrical repairs beyond checking fuses by trouble-shooting controls.
- Good cutting and welding experience.
- Good knowledge of fluid power controls.
- Able to perform minor electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Able to design simple circuits to applicable safety standards.
- Twelve (12) months minimum on the job training.
- Six (6) months technical training.
- Good electrical and mechanical knowledge of all machines.
- Able to weld, cut, braze, and fabricate.
- Good knowledge of electrical principles and trouble-shooting equipment.
- Able to read schematics of electrical controls and use as an aid in repairing of equipment,
- Able to design circuits of medium complexity, as well as build and prove out design
- Possess very good knowledge of fluid power, and the ability to read hydraulic and mechanical prints.
- Twenty-four months minimum on the job training.
- Nine months technical training.
- Excellent knowledge of machines and their repairs.
- Able to read blueprints and fabricate from them.
- Able to read schematics of electrical control and use as an aid in repairing of equipment.
- Able to read and understand V.O.M. meters.
- Able to design circuits of medium complexity, as well as build and prove out design.
- Able to adjust machine gigs and knowledge of machine geometry.
- Ability to adjust and maintain rollerpack style machine bearing charge.
- Ability to correctly rebuild machine spindles, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps, etc.
- Two (2) year AA Degree
- Meet previous levels plus
- Ability to analyze equipment using oscilloscope, laser alignment or measurement tools vibration and frequency measurement tools.
- Infra-red and other forms of predictive maintenance.
- Proven ability and possess Problem-Solving or Trouble-Shooting skills.
- Understanding of Gear manufacturing processes.
- 2 years or 4 years Degree in Electronics Repair and Design Preferred
ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE:
- 8 years experience in Industrial Maintenance